朗诵是将静态的文学作品转化为有声语言的再创造的一种语言表演艺术。我整理了关于3分钟英语朗诵短文,欢迎阅读!
A woman named Emily renewing her driver's license atthe County Clerk's office was asked by the womanrecorder to state her occupation. She hesitated,uncertain how to classify herself. "What I mean is,"explained the recorder, "do you have a job, or are youjust a ... "一位名叫埃米莉的妇女在县办事处给驾驶执照续期时,一名女记录员问及她的职业。她犹豫了一下,不敢肯定应如何将自己归类。“我意思是说你有没有工作,”那名记录员解释说,“还是说你只不过是一名……”
"Of course I have a job," snapped Emily. "I'm a mother."“我当然有工作,”埃米莉马上回答,“我是一名母亲。”
"We don't list 'mother' as an occupation ... 'Housewife'covers it," said the recorder emphatically.“我们这里不把‘母亲’看成是一个职业……‘家庭主妇’就可以了。”那名记录员断然回答。
I forgot all about her story until one day I found myselfin the same situation, this time at our own Town Clerk was obviously a career woman, poised,efficient, and possessed of a high sounding title like, "Official Interrogator" or "Town Registrar." "What is youroccupation?" she probed.这个故事听后,我就忘了。直到有一天在市政厅,我也遇到了同样的情况。很显然,那名办事员是位职业女性,自信、有能力,并有着一个类似“官方讯问员”或“镇登记员”之类很堂皇的头衔。“你的职业?”她问道。
What made me say it, I do not know ... The words simplypopped out. "I'm a Research Associate in the field ofChild Development and Human Relations."至今我也不知道,当时是什么因素作怪,我脱口而出:“我是儿童发育和人类关系研究员。”
The clerk paused, ballpoint pen frozen in midair, andlooked up as though she had not heard right.那名办事员愣住了,拿着原珠笔的手也不动了。她抬头看着我,好像没有听清楚我说什么似的。
I repeated the title slowly, emphasizing the mostsignificant words. Then I stared with wonder as mypronouncement was written in bold, black ink on theofficial questionnaire.我慢慢地把我的职业再重复一遍,在说到重要的词时还加重语气。然后,我惊奇地看着我的话被粗黑的笔记录在官方的问卷上。
"Might I ask," said the clerk with new interest, "just whatyou do in your field?"“我能不能问一下,”这名办事员好奇地问,“你在这个领域具体做什么?”
Coolly, without any trace of fluster in my voice, I heardmyself reply, "I have a continuing program of research, (what mother doesn't), in the laboratory and in the field, (normally I would have said indoors and out). I'm workingfor my Masters, (the whole darned family), and alreadyhave four credits, (all daughters). Of course, the job isone of the most demanding in the humanities, (anymother care to disagree?) and I often work 14 hours aday, (24 is more like it). But the job is more challengingthan most run-of-the-mill careers and the rewards aremore of a satisfaction rather than just money."我非常镇定地答道:“我有一个不间断的研究项目(哪位母亲不是这样呢?),工作地点包括实验室和现场(通常我会说室内和户外)。我在为我的学位努力(就是我们一家人),而且已经有了四个学分(全部是女儿)。当然,我的工作是人类要求最高的工作之一(有哪位母亲会反对吗?)我通常工作一天14小时(24小时更为准确)。但这项工作比大部分普通工作都具有挑战性,而它通常带来的回报不是金钱,更多的是满足感。”
There was an increasing note of respect in the clerk'svoice as she completed the form, stood up, andpersonally ushered me to the door.那名办事员在填完表格后,站起来,亲自把我送到门口。在这个过程中,她说话时流露出一股敬意。
As I drove into our driveway, buoyed up by myglamorous new career, I was greeted by my labassistants - ages 13, 7, and 3. Upstairs I could hear ournew experimental model, (a 6 month old baby), in thechild-development program, testing out a new vocalpattern.我回到家,把车停在家门前的车道时,还对自己响亮的头衔觉得飘飘然。我那三名年龄分别为13岁、7岁、3岁的实验室助手正在等着我,从楼上传来我们的新实验模特儿(六个月大的婴儿)的声音,她正放开嗓门,测试着新的声音模式。
I felt triumphant! I had scored a beat on bureaucracy!And I had gone on the official records as someone moredistinguished and indispensable to mankind than"just another mother."我感到欢欣鼓舞!我竟然打败了官僚机构!如今,在官方的纪录上,我成了人类超群出众、不可或缺的人物,而不仅仅是一位母亲。
Motherhood ... What a glorious career! Especially whenthere's a title on the door.母亲……这是多么光荣的职业啊!特别是现在这已经成为官方记录了。
Does this make grandmothers "Senior ResearchAssociates in the field of Child Development and HumanRelations" and great grandmothers "Executive SeniorResearch Associates"? I think so!!!这是不是说奶奶和姥姥就是“资深儿童发育和人类关系研究员”,而曾祖母则是“高级研究员”呢?我想是这样的!
I also think it makes Aunts "Associate ResearchAssistants".我想,小姨子也因此成了“研究员助理”。
Dufficulties arise in the lives of us all.生活中困难在所难免,
What is most important is dealing with the hard times,coping with the changes, and getting through to theother side where the sun is still shining just for you.最重要的是要挺过艰难的时刻,积极应对种种变故,冲破黎明前的黑暗,你终会看到只属于自己的灿烂阳光。
It takes a strong person to deal with tough times anddifficult choices. But you are a strong person.只有强者才能勇敢直面困难时刻,做出艰难抉择。而你正是这样一位强者。
It takes you possess the inner courage tosee you through.要有勇气。你拥有披荆斩棘的勇气。
It takes being an active participant in your life. But youare in the driver's seat, and you can determine thedirection you want tomorrow to go in.你必须在这场游戏人生中积极主动。
而且你正在驾驭这场游戏,并决定着自己明天前进的方向。
Hang in there... and take care to see that you don't losesight of the one thing that is constant, beautiful,andtrue:坚持再坚持,别让你的视野迷失了那不变的美好真理:
Everything will be fine---and it will turn out that waybecause of the special kind of person you are.一切都会好转的------因为你是如此的与众不同。
So...beginning today and lasting a lifetime through---Hang in there, and don't be afraid to feel like the morningsun is shining...just for you.因此,从今天开始,到生命的终点-----坚持住,不必怀疑,朝阳为你而升起。
A friend walks in when the rest of the world walks out.
Sometimes in life,
You find a special friend;
Someone who changes your life just by being part of it.
Someone who makes you laugh until you can't stop;
Someone who makes you believe that there really isgood in the world.
Someone who convinces you that there really is anunlocked door just waiting for you to open it.
This is Forever Friendship.
When you're down,
and the world seems dark and empty,
Your forever friend lifts you up in spirits and makes thatdark and empty world suddenly seem bright and full.
Your forever friend gets you through the hard times, thesad times, and the confused times.
If you turn and walk away,
Your forever friend follows.
If you lose your way,
Your forever friend guides you and cheers you on.
Your forever friend holds your hand and tells you thateverything is going to be okay.
And if you find such a friend,
You feel happy and complete,
Because you need not worry.
You have a forever friend for life,
And forever has no end.“别人都走开的时候,朋友仍与你在一起。”
有时候在生活中,
你会找到一个特别的朋友;
他只是你生活中的一部分内容,却能改变你整个的生活。
他会把你逗得开怀大笑;
他会让你相信人间有真情。
他会让你确信,真的有一扇不加锁的门,在等待着你去开启。
这就是永远的友谊。
当你失意,
当世界变得黯淡与空虚,
你真正的朋友会让你振作起来,原本黯淡、空虚的世界顿时变得明亮和充实。
你真正的朋友会与你一同度过困难、伤心和烦恼的时刻。
你转身走开时,
真正的朋友会紧紧相随。
你迷失方向时,
真正的朋友会引导你,鼓励你。
真正的朋友会握着你的手,告诉你一切都会好起来的。
如果你找到了这样的朋友,
你会快乐,觉得人生完整,
因为你无需要再忧虑。
你拥有了一个真正的朋友,
永永远远,永无止境。
小学 英语 故事 教学让学生在故事中感知英语语言的 文化 特质,激发学生学习语言、运用语言的热情。本文是3分钟英语故事短文,希望对大家有帮助!3分钟英语故事短文:Food Fight Erupted in Prison Inmates released two correctional officers they had held for a week in the tower at the state prison complex. The inmates captured the officers a week ago after the two officers tried toquell a food fight in the main dining room. The food fight erupted when the prisoners discovered that their candy ration had been cut in half. The candy is a popular barteringitem. Inmates trade it for cigarettes, cigars, magazines, stationery, legal dictionaries, and other items. Prison officials said it was necessary to cut back on this luxury item in order to provide basic items, like soap and razors and toilet paper. The prisoners went berserk over the reduction. They threw food, plates, and silverware at the doors, windows, and guards. Then they grabbed two guards and hauled them up to the tower. Once they had the tower door secured, they sent messages to prison officials demanding big bags of candy in exchange for sparing the guards’ lives. The warden complied with their demands. After a week of negotiations, the prisoners approved a deal which restored their candy ration, but in return the administration said they would have to reduce daily soap allotments by 75 percent. 3分钟英语故事短文:Better To Be Unlucky Sam, an unemployed piano tuner, said it was only the second thing he had ever won in his life. The first thing was an Afghan blanket at a church raffle when he was 25 years old. But this was much bigger: it was $120,000! He had won the Big Cube, a state lottery game. To win, acontestant must first guess which number a spinning cube will stop on. The cube has six numbers on it: 1X, 10X, 50X, 100X, 500X, and 1000X. If he is correct, the contestant must then guess which of two selected variables is going to be greater. So, just guessing which number appears on the cube does not guarantee that you will win any money. Sam correctly guessed 1000X, but he still had to choose between two variables. One variable was the number of cars that would run the stop sign at Hill Street and Lake Avenue in six hours. The other variable was the number of times that a teenage boy would change TV channels in a three-hour period. This was a tough decision. Finally, Sam flipped a coin. It came up heads, so Sam picked the teenager. He picked right. The stop sign was run only 76 times, but the teen clicked 120 times. Sixty-year-old Sam jumped for joy, for he had just won 1000 times 120, or $120,000. Sam dreamily left the lottery studio. Talking excitedly on his cell phone while crossing the street, he got hit by a little sports car. Sam is slowly getting better. He was in the hospital for a month. His hospital bill was $110,000. And the insurance company for the little sports car’s owner sued Sam for $9,000 worth of repairs. Also, Sam still has to pay federal taxes on his winnings. Sam doesn’t play the state lottery any more. He says it’s better to be unlucky. 3分钟英语故事短文:Freeway Chase A 24-year-old Los Angeles man was taken to a hospital and then to county jail after leading police on a one-hour freeway chase in a stolen SUV. The chase ended in downtown Los Angeles in front of the Spring Hotel. Most of the chase was uneventful, except for an empty bottle of whiskey that the driver threw at one police vehicle. When the driver got into downtown, things started to happen. He ran over a fire hydrant. The water spewed out of the hydrant, causing a geyser that ruined all the books in several carts that avendor had put outside to attract customers into his bookstore. The driver hurriedly turned west onto Grand Avenue and managed to bang into three parked cars on one side of that street and two cars on the other side. The driver also tried to run over a police officer, who was standingin the crosswalk ordering him to halt. Turning north, the driver caused a bus to slam on its brakes to avoid a collision. The bus was empty, and the bus driver was uninjured. However, two police cars that were pursuing the SUV from different directions were not so lucky. One of them ran into the front of the bus, and the other into the back. Because the drivers had braked early enough, the damage to their cars was minor. Both officers resumed the chase. They only went two blocks north to find that the SUV had come to a full stop because it hadplowed into a newspaper stand. The driver, who was not wearing a seatbelt, was slumpedbehind the steering wheel. The proprietor of the newsstand was yelling at the driver and shaking a magazine at him. The police called for the ambulance. They charged the driver with failure to yield to a police officer and driving under the influence.
经典美文,经得起时间的考验,被历史证明是最有价值、最重要的文化精髓,思想宏远,构思巧妙,语言精美。我精心收集了3分钟英语美文,供大家欣赏学习!
Shocking Bill
触目惊心的账单
A young man had a new girlfriend,whom he wanted to impress
一年轻人新交了一位女朋友,为了给她留下好的印象
so he invited her to go to a world-famous restaurant with him one evening.
一天晚上他邀请女朋友去世界闻名的饭店吃饭。
They dined wonderfully and had numerous drinks;
他们吃了顿丰盛的饭菜并且还喝了各种各样的饮料。
they danced until midnight,and there was fine musical entertainment.
伴随着一场优雅的音乐会,他们跳舞一直到深夜。
The girl enjoyed the entire evening,
女孩整个晚上玩的很尽兴。
and was suitably impressed by everything she saw,
她所看到的一切,给她留下了深刻的印象,
including several film stars.
包括看到的几个影星。
Then the waiter brought the bill at the end of the evening,
这时,服务员拿来了这天晚上的消费的账单。
and when the young man saw how much he had to pay,
但年轻人看到账单时,
he was so shocked by the total that he went as white as a sheet.
他被账单上的数目惊呆了,脸色苍白。
The helpful waiter, who was watching his face,
服务员注视着他的脸,
thought he might be going to faint,
他认为这个年轻人要晕倒了。
so he quickly poured out a glass of ice cold water
于是,他拿来一杯冰水
and emptied it over the young man's head
泼在年轻人的头上,
Then he took the bill back and added to it:Iced water-- 50 cents.
然后他又拿来账单,并在上面加上:"冰水,50便士。"
Love and Time
爱和时间
Once upon a time, there was an island where all the feelings lived:
从前,有一个岛屿上住着所有的感情:
Happiness,Sadness, Knowledge,and all of the others, including Love.
快乐,悲伤,知识,还有包括爱在内的所有其他所有情感。
One day it was announced to the feelings that the island would sink,
一天他们得到消息说这个岛屿将要沉没,
so all constructed boats and left. Except for love.
除了爱以外,他们都修建了船只,打算离开。
Love was the only one who stayed.
只有爱无动于衷,
Love wanted to hold out until the last possible moment.
她想在最后一刻才离开
When the island had almost sunk, Love decided to ask for help.
当岛屿几乎沉没的时候爱决定寻求帮助。
Richness was passing by Love in a grand boat.
富裕乘着一艘巨轮从爱身旁经过,
Love said,"Richness, can you take me with you?"
爱问:"富裕,你能带上我吗?"
Richness answered,"No,I can' is a lot of gold and silver in my boat.
富裕回答说:"不行,我的船上有很多金银珠宝
There is no place here for you."
没地方留给你了。"
Love decided to ask Vanity who was also passing by in a beautiful vessel.
爱决定求助于空虚,他正坐在一艘漂亮的船上。
"Vanity,please help me!"
"空虚,请帮帮我。"
"I can't help you, are all wet and might damage my boat,Vanity answered
"我帮不了你,爱,你全身湿淋淋的会毁了我的船的。"空虚回答说。
Sadness was close by so Love asked,"Sadness,let me go with you."
悲伤走了过来,于是爱问:"悲伤,让我和你一块走吧?"
"Oh...Love,I am so sad that I need to be by myself!"
"噢......爱,我很难过想一个人呆着!"
Happiness passed by Love,too,
快乐也从爱身边经过,
but she was so happy that she did not even hear when Love called her.
她太高兴了竟然没有听到爱叫她。
Suddenly,there was a voice,"Come,Love, I will take you." It was an elder.
忽然,传来一个声音:来吧,爱,我载你。"是位老人。
So blessed and overjoyed,
爱是那么欣喜若狂,
Love even forgot to ask the elder where they were going.
竟忘记了问老人他们要去哪儿。
When they arrived at dry land,the elder went her own way.
到了一块干地后,老人放下爱独自走了。
Realizing how much was owed the elder,
意识到自己亏欠老人很多时,
Love asked Knowledge another elder,"Who helped me?
爱问另一位叫知识的老人:"帮我的是谁?"
"It was Time." Knowledge answered.
"是时间。"知识回答。
"Time?"asked Love."But why did Time help me?"
"时间?"爱问,"为什么时间要帮我?"
Knowledge smiled with deep wisdom and answered,
知识意味深长地笑笑说:
"Because only Time is capable of understanding how valuable Love is."
"因为只有时间才懂得爱有多么珍贵。"
At the Post Office
在邮局
This was what happened to a Frenchman who lived in England
这是一个发生在居住英国的
and didn't know English very well.
而英语不太好的法国人身上的故事。
One day,he went into a post office with his letter.
一天他去邮局寄信
He bought a stamp and gave it together with his letter,
他买了一张邮票,将邮票和信一起
to the girl at the counter.
交给了柜台前的小姐。
"Oh,no."the girl said,"You must stick the stamp on yourself."
"哦,不,"小姐说,"你必须自己贴上邮票。"
The Frenchman was very could not believe his ears.
这个法国人非常惊讶,他不相信自己的耳朵。
He said,"I want to post my letter,not myself.
他说:"我要寄的是信,而不是我自己。
Why must I stick the stamp on myself?"The girl smiled and answered,
为什么要在我自己身上贴上邮票?"
"I mean that you must stick the stamp on the envelope and must do it yourself
小姐笑着说:"我的意思是你必须自己把邮票贴在信封上。"
285 浏览 3 回答
304 浏览 3 回答
291 浏览 3 回答
244 浏览 5 回答
343 浏览 3 回答
325 浏览 3 回答
171 浏览 3 回答
189 浏览 7 回答
274 浏览 3 回答
159 浏览 3 回答
158 浏览 5 回答
215 浏览 3 回答
169 浏览 3 回答
89 浏览 5 回答
325 浏览 3 回答